Adult High School Diploma Program
Dr. Robles -Principal/Director
Mr. Ortega -Vice Principal
Mr. Criscera - Counselor
Ms. Correnti - Secretary
The Perth Amboy Adult High School is for students who have dropped out of a traditional high school, but still want to receive a High School Diploma.
What is needed to receive a Perth Amboy Adult High School Diploma?
· A total of 120 credits
- 20 credits in English (English I, II, III, IV)
- 15 credits in Math (Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry)
- 15 credits in History (World History, U.S. I, U.S. II)
- 15 credits in Science (Anatomy, Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
- 5 credits in Foreign Language (Spanish I and II)
- 5 credits in Visual Arts (Foundations of Art I and II, Sculpting, Painting, etc.)
- 5 credits in Practical Arts (Business, Career Education, Financial Literacy, etc.)
- 40 additional credits accumulated in any of the above areas
· Pass the New Jersey mandated High School Proficiency Assessment (HSPA)
· Must earn a minimum of 10 credits to receive a Adult High School diploma
· Must fulfill attendance requirement
-HSPA testing is a 3 day test consisting of: 1 Day of Math and 2 Days of Language Arts.
-HSPA is administered in October and March. The testing will take place after school from 3:00-5:30.
*Note: Any student taking the HSPA test and Evening classes must go to their Evening classes immediately after testing.