Welcome back to the 2012 - 2013 School Year!!! Many exciting things are happening at the William C. McGinnis Middle School!
- Progressive Math Initiative in Grades 5 - 8
- Computer Labs with activities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Two Physics Courses are being offered for our 8th Grade Math Students in Algebra.
- Fifth Grade is continuing the IPad initiative that began last year, with all fifth graders working with IPads throughout the school day.
- More laptops and IPads have been placed in all the classrooms.
- The Media Center has been converted to the William C. McGinnis Learning Center, open to students before and after school with tutors to assist students, a place where the students can retake tests and quizzes, do research on computers, complete projects, do homework, study or simply take out a book and read.
- Elective courses in Dance, Musical Theatre and Television Production.
- Of course the continuation of our Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that continue to improve the overall environment of our building.
- The Parent Room will be open on Wednesday evenings between 6:00 - 8:00 PM.
- An Administrator(s) will be in the building from 7:15 AM - 6:00 PM Daily.
- The 21st Century Program offers classes in: Intensive English, Marine Biology, Dance, STEM Computer Labs and Physical Education.
Remember, my door is always open!
Dr. Myrna Garcia