Due to inclement weather, there may be times when the schools may be closed, the children may be
dismissed early or the schools may have a delayed opening. The purpose of this webpage is to inform you
of the procedures that will be taken in any of these situations.
If the school is closed, the following list indicates the various ways that the district will communicate this
- Automated School Messenger System
- The district’s main number: (732) 376-6200
- The district’s website: www.paps.net
- PATV – Perth Amboy Television
- Comcast Channel 34
- Verizon Fios Channel 47
- WCTC AM 1450 – Radio station
If the school has a delayed opening
, the list above indicates the various ways that the district will
communicate this announcement. In addition, please be aware that on a delayed opening:
- School begins at 9:30 AM. Please do not send your children before 9:30 AM.
- Please make sure that your child has breakfast on a delayed opening. Breakfast will not be served.
If there is an early dismissal
, the list above indicates the various ways that the district will communicate this announcement.
*If your child takes the bus to school, the school bus will be delayed the amount of time that school is delayed.
- Students will be dismissed at 1:30 PM
- All after school programs and activities will be cancelled
- YMCA and other programs not run by the school will be cancelled by that provider, if they wish to do so.
For example: (If school begins 1 hour later than usual, the bus will be delayed 1 hour.)*
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the school at (732) 376-6060.